Line blowing projectiles are devices that are used to transport pull tape or rope through conduit. They are typically made of a lightweight material, such as foam or plastic, and have a tail that can be attached to the pull tape. When the projectile is blown through the conduit with compressed air, the tail catches the air and pulls the pull tape along.
There are several different styles of line blowing projectiles available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of the most common styles include:
- Bird darts: These are one of the most popular styles of line blowing projectiles. They are lightweight and easy to use, and they can be effective in both empty and occupied conduit.
- Foam birds: Foam birds are similar to bird darts, but they are made of a softer material. This makes them less likely to damage the conduit, but they are also less effective in windy conditions.
- Inflatable birds: Inflatable birds are a newer style of line blowing projectile. They are made of a fabric that expands when it is exposed to air. This allows them to catch more air and travel further than other types of projectiles.
- Parachute birds: Parachute birds are similar to inflatable birds, but they have a parachute that helps them to slow down and travel more smoothly through the conduit. This makes them ideal for long runs of conduit.
The best style of line blowing projectile for a particular job will depend on the specific circumstances. However, all of the styles listed above can be effective in transporting pull tape through conduit.
Choosing the Right Line Blowing Projectile
When choosing a line blowing projectile, there are several factors to consider, including:
- The size of the conduit: The projectile should be the right size to fit through the conduit without getting stuck.
- The length of the conduit: The projectile should be able to travel the length of the conduit without losing its momentum.
- The condition of the conduit: If the conduit is damaged, a softer projectile may be less likely to damage it.
- The type of pull tape: The projectile should be compatible with the type of pull tape that is being used.
Once you have considered these factors, you can choose the right style of line blowing projectile for your job. With the right projectile, you can quickly and easily transport pull tape through conduit, regardless of the size or condition of the conduit.
If you need further assistance in choosing the best solution for our project get in touch with one of our specialists.